Sunday, August 8, 2021

Final Leadership Blog?

    Although I did not realize this when I created it (some 12 years ago), I think this blog has always been a little bit about leadership. Being an informal leader has always been a part of my nature - and leading by example (sharing, being vulnerable, holding myself accountable) is embedded in sharing a blog with the world wide web.

I really do hope that posting these entries for my course brings me back to using this blog more regularly as I go back into my teaching role after being on leave for a year (and not posting much in the year or two prior to this). I want to go back to sharing my assessment & evaluation journey. Both to document it for myself and to share my practices and reflections with others.

Writing for a blog allows you to do some reflection on some leadership skills and think about how and why you are sharing with others. When I write for others I think more about wording I am using and the purpose of sharing the information or anecdote. Using a blog for leadership purposes can help you to develop communication skills, which would be especially beneficial if you work on sharing things like a vision and are able to build a learning community that interacts with you.

I would like to think that by being honest, sharing strategies and openly reflecting on my practice that I can inspire others to do the same (even if they do not do it publicly). Reflection is an important process for classroom teachers and leaders - the difference is that as a leader we want to reflect on leadership skills and seek feedback about our leadership. I hope that continuing to write in my blog (and using a leadership lens) will help to inspire me to seek feedback about my leadership in addition to continuing to seek feedback about my classroom practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment